Derek has written about business and technology for many years. He was previously Editor in Chief of CSO for security leaders and Executive Editor of CIO Magazine, with other stints elsewhere including FierceMarkets and Computerworld. Outside of work he plays chess and explores the San Francisco area with his family.
- Understanding Today’s Most Dangerous Cybersecurity Attack Methods
- How to Build a Strategic Security Foundation
- From CIO to Board of Directors
- Bringing Digital into the Boardroom
- Five Steps for Using Analytics to Transform Your Business
- Jumpstart Your Corporate Creativity. Partner with Startups.
- Pokémon Go Brings Monster Opportunities for Business
- Negotiating Business the FBI Way
- 3 Overlooked Attributes of a Great Chief Digital Officer
- Rounding the Corner Towards the Circular Economy
- How to Execute Customer Experience Projects
- 5 Retail Transformation Blunders (and How to Avoid Them)